- Discover the incredible coastal views that have made the Surf Coast world famous
- Hear memorable stories at Memorial Arch about the engineering feat that ended decades of isolation for coastal communities of the Great Ocean Road
- Look for koalas and native birds in the wild at Kennett River
- Enjoy time to explore Apollo Bay on the surf coast
- Take a walk in the rainforest at the Great Otway National Park
- The history of the tragic Shipwreck Coast is revealed on the beach at Loch Ard Gorge.
- The world famous 12 Apostles – see these enormous limestone stacks from the roadside lookout and on the beach at the foot of soaring cliffs.
- All park entrance fees
- Air-conditioned touring vehicle
- Morning tea / coffee / cake
- Friendly and informative tour guide
- Free WiFi onboard
- Soar over the 12 Apostles in a 15 min helicopter flight ($165)*
- You can chat with your guide on the day of the tour to make arrangements re a helicopter flight
Flexible fare – no cancellation fees apply for changes up to 24 hours before your tour departure time.
Join your small group eco-tour for the spectacular journey along the Great Ocean Road – one of Australia’s greatest coastal drives.
As your tour travels along Victoria’s Surf Coast you’ll visit pristine beaches and enjoy unrivalled views which reveal themselves as we follow the coastal road around each bend. Venture off the Great Ocean Road and into the Great Otway National Park to spot wild koalas sleeping or perhaps eating in their eucalyptus homes, before continuing along the Surf Coast to our lunch stop in Apollo Bay.
After lunch we follow the road through the Otway Ranges and stop to explore the cool temperate rainforest of the Great Otway National Park. Wander amongst the tree ferns and wonder at the towering Mountain Ash trees, the tallest flowering species in the world.
Emerging from the Otway Ranges we arrive at the Shipwreck Coast with its indented coastline and its amazing array of limestone formations, including of course the world famous 12 Apostles. Stroll the boardwalks here and take in the awesome scenery before moving on to the heart of the Shipwreck Coast, the spectacular Loch Ard Gorge, where 52 souls perished and only two teenagers survived the wreck of the Loch Ard in 1878. Visit the beach here to re-live the amazing story of survival before descending to the each once more at Gibsons Steps. Here you will appreciate the sheer scale of the limestone cliffs as well as the offshore rock stacks.
With drop off right back to your Melbourne accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight of your visit to Australia.
- Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions
- Snacks & Water bottle
- Bathers for swimming (time permitting)
Daily 7.00am – 8.00am and returns approximately 8.30pm – 9pm
- During peak times Parks Vic may close Gibson Steps from time to time due to due safety concerns posed by excessive crowds
- At times this tour may operate in the reverse direction