Sovereign Hill & Daylesford Tour
Departs: Mon, Wed & Fri
enjoy the 'winter wonderlights' during july - see tour here
Sovereign Hill magnificently recreates Ballarat’s first ten years after the discovery of gold in 1851. To understand and truly appreciate the colonial history of Melbourne, Victoria and Australia a visit here is an absolute must! Experience exciting street theatre, enjoy live goldfields music and get into the spirit by panning for gold yourself. You never know you might strike it lucky!
Laugh, cry and cheer as you hear the amazing story of Mr Smith, your personal guide. He will take you on his ’rags to riches’ story back in time, from the squalid, seedy streets of London to becoming one of the goldfields most successful gentlemen. Venture deep underground on a guided mine tour and imagine what it must have been like working deep beneath the earths’ surface day in and day out.
After a truly unique experience we continue our journey of discovery and travel to Daylesford, deep in the heart of spa country, renowned for its revitalising springs. Enjoy the quaint village atmosphere and main street bursting with character, browse some of the renowned art galleries and stop in for a coffee.
- Nostalgic journey to Victoria’s goldfields and interactive visit to Sovereign Hill, Australia’s foremost outdoor museum
- Pan for gold and hopefully strike it lucky!
- Immerse yourself in the story of Mr Smith and his ‘rags to riches’ tale
- Venture underground on a mine tour
- Visit the quaint village of Daylesford and browse the local art scene
- Friendly and informative guide
- Entry and mine tour Sovereign Hill
- Guided tour with Mr Smith
- Raspberry drops, Souvenir Gift!!
- Horse drawn coach ride
Options (must be pre-booked)
- Take a flight on the Melbourne Star Observation - Wheel on your return to Melbourne ($30)
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions
- Snacks & Water bottle
Our tour departs at 8.30 am from Bunyip Tour Office and concludes at the Bunyip Tours Office - 570 Flinders Street between 5 pm - 5.30 pm .
During the month of July the tour will depart at 11am and returns back into the city at 8pm