2 Day Great Ocean Road, Mornington Peninsula & Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour
Departs Mondays, Wednesday & Fridays (ALSO SUNDAY DEC - FEB)
Can’t decide between going to Phillip Island to visit the Penguin Parade, or heading down to the Great Ocean Road to see the Twelve Apostles? Why not do both!
Our two day/one night Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island Tour lets you do both without the hassle of coming back to Melbourne, getting up early for another hotel pick-up, PLUS you get to stay down at the beautiful coastal region of the Bellarine Peninsula.
Visit the Mornington Peninsula, seeing the iconic Bathing Boxes, and cross Port Phillip Bay by boat. If you are lucky you may even get the chance to see dolphins, sea birds and sometimes even whales!
Highlights of the tour include everything you’d expect from both the Great Ocean Road and the Phillip Island tours. So on day one you’ll visit the Twelve Apostles, Gibson Steps, Loch Ard Gorge, Otway National Park, Memorial Arch, beaches of the Surf Coast, staying overnight at the Bellarine Peninsula.
Day two takes you across Port Phillip Bay from Queenscliff to Sorrento, and up the Mornington Peninsula. First stop is Moonlit Sanctuary to meet some iconic Australian wildlife and then we head for Phillip Island.
Next visit the the Nobbies Centre before going to see the stars of the show, the Little Penguins. Here you’ll see hundreds of penguins in their evening parade as they make their way out of the water, up and over the sand dunes, and to their little burrows. A natural wonder, this experience is completely unforgettable and definitely something to see while you are in this part of the world.
Day 1 (D)
- See the spectacular 12 Apostles - hear the tragic story of the shipwreck at Loch Ard Gorge
- Take a stroll through the Otway Rainforest
- Look for koalas and native birds in the wild
- See the coastal townships of Apollo Bay and Lorne
- Enjoy the stunning coastal views
- Overnight stay on the Bellarine Peninsula in the multi award winning Beacon Resort Queenscliff. Pack your swimmers and towel for a dip in the pool!
Day 2 (B)
- Catch the morning ferry from picturesque Queenscliff
to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula
- See the famous Bathing Boxes and the amazing views from Murrays Lookout and Arthur's Seat
- Encounter Australia’s wildlife at Moonlit Sanctuary see wombats, koalas, kangaroos, dingos & more
- The Nobbies boardwalk and the best views of Phillip
Island’s rugged south coast.
Watch the famous Penguin Parade as hundreds of
little penguins make their way across the beach and
go home for the night
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation as booked (bring own toiletries)
- All park entrance fees incl. ferry ride
- Friendly & informative guide
OPTIONS (must be pre-booked)
Make your experience EPIC!
- Take a 15 min Helicopter flight over the 12 Apostles ($145)
- Take a Gondola ride at Arthurs Seat Eagle and fly over the state forest ($17.50)
- Penguin Plus (PP) Exclusive viewing area & private boardwalk ($30)
- Penguins Plus Underground (UP) Enjoy up-close viewing of the Little penguins in an underground viewing window - Limited to 70 ($45)
- Dorm Share with shared bathroom $315 pp
- Double Room with en-suite $365 pp (based on 2 ppl)
* The double upgrades are per person and based on 2 people per room. Bed-linen & towels are supplied, toiletries are not included. Upgrades are subject to availability at time of booking.
- We request you keep your luggage to a maximum of 5 kg in a backpack or soft overnight bag. No large suitcases or backpacks can be taken on-board
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Good shoes / boots for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Towel & toiletries
- Sunscreen, hat, bathers
Our tour departs between 7.15am - 7.30am from Bunyip Tour Office and returns seasonally between 9.30pm & midnight on the following day.
- View our full list of Great Ocean Road tours from Melbourne