French island & Penguin Parade Tour
$239 INCludes all entry fees
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
A brand new tour including four of Victoria’s greatest natural attractions – and you’ll only find it with Bunyip Tours!
We have to admit we’re not sure why it’s taken us so long to come up with this fantastic combo! Two of Victoria’s top islands, including a guided wilderness tour, the famous Nobbies and the even more celebrated Penguin Parade.
You’ll depart Melbourne at around 10am, and head to the scenic Mornington Peninsula and Stony Point. Board a ferry operated by Western Port Ferries, and in just 15 minutes you’ll be greeted by your guide on the 17,000 hectare French Island. Two thirds of it is National Park, and your guide will lead you on a 3-hour tour in an 11-passenger off-road vehicle. You’ll discover hidden treasures such as natural wilderness, a vast range of plants, more than 230 bird species and mammals such as the iconic koala and echidna.
Back on the ferry to Phillip Island, where there’s some free time to explore seaside Cowes before continuing with Bunyip Tours to The Nobbies and the Penguin Parade. The Nobbies is another breathtaking natural gem, with a dramatic headland, spectacular coastal views from boardwalks, an awesome blowhole in big southern swells and abundant seabird life. Just over a kilometre offshore are Seal Rocks, home to Australia’s largest Australian Fur Seal colony.
Then it’s off to the most famous attraction of them all: Phillip Island’s Penguin Parade. At sunset, hundreds of Little Penguins suddenly begin popping out of the sea, then waddle across the beach to their burrows in the sand dunes. This is Victoria’s largest colony of Little Penguins, who feed at sea then return to their burrows to mate and care for their young.
- Two ferry rides across Western Port Bay, to French Island and Phillip Island
- 3-hour guided tour on French Island in a specially built off-road vehicle, limited to just 11 passengers Free time to explore the popular seaside
- village of Cowes
- The Nobbies boardwalk, with spectacular views, birdlife and swirling seas
- The world famous Penguin Parade, when hundreds of Little Penguins pop out of the sea and waddle up the beach to their
burrows in the sand dunes
- Two ferry crossings on Port Phillip Bay
- 3-hour small-group guided tour on French Island
- The Nobbies
- Penguin Parade
- Friendly & informative guide
YOU PROVIDE (ADVISABLE)
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Appropriate shoes for walking
Our tour departs seasonally between 10am - 11am (daylight savings) from Bunyip Tour Office and returns seasonally between approximately 9.30pm & midnight (daylight savings)