2 Day Australian High Country Tour
MELBOURNE TO SYDNEY departs: fri
SYDNEY TO MELBOURNE departs: sat
What a capital tour! This is simply the best way to travel between elegant Melbourne and vibrant Sydney (or in reverse), because you see so many iconic sights on the way.
The Victorian Alps, the Great Dividing Range, vast forests and mighty rivers. Learn about some great Australian legends: Ned
Kelly and the infamous bushrangers (outlaws) and the frenetic Australian gold rush of the 1850s around Beechworth. Ned Kelly stood trial for murder here, but the town is now equally famous for its abundant local produce.
Stay overnight on a genuine working farm, talking with the family, learning about farm life, meeting the wildlife and farm animals. Then it’s on to the nation’s stately capital of Canberra, with its history, imposing Parliament House, museums, art galleries and memorials. Your tour ends in Sydney, then you can independently explore this fabulous city with its Opera House beside the sea.
(Sydney itinerary operates in reverse.)
Day 1 (D)
- Drive through the foothills of the ‘Great Dividing Range'
- Overlook the Valley of a Thousand Hills from Murchison Gap Lookout
- Drive through Mansfield or Strathbogie ranges
- Learn the story of the early settlers and famous Bush ranger ‘Ned Kelly'
- Visit Beechworth where you can tour the Beechworth honey factory or do a beer tasting at Beechworth brewery (own
- Overnight at authentic Aussie Farm Stay - Experience life on a working farm
Day 2 (B)
- Enjoy the views at the Murrumbidgee River
- Refreshment stop at Gundagai
- Learn about Canberra's history, take a tour of Parliament House.
- Check out national treasures in the National Museum of Australia or National Gallery (Melb - Syd only)
- Take a moment at the Australian War Memorial
- Depart Canberra for the drive to Sydney!
- Accommodation (Farm Stay - shared, double or twin)
- Meals as indicated
- Park entrance fees
- Friendly & informative tour guide
Make your 2 day tour EPIC!
- Take a tractor tour around the farm ($18)
- Hop on / Hop off - Stay a week on the farm and then continue tour ($30)
* All options must be pre-booked
- Farmstay Shared Accommodation $339pp
- Double/Twin Accommodation with ensuite $399pp (based on 2ppl)
- Single Accommodation with ensuite $459
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Good shoes / boots for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Towel & toiletries
- Sunscreen, hat, bathers
* Budget accommodation with shared bathroom facilities
* Canberra - Sydney component is operated by contracted operator