3 Day Wilsons Promontory Wilderness Retreat
Wednesdays and Fridays
Spend an amazing 3 days exploring one of Victoria's best kept secrets both guided and at your own pace.
Wilsons Promontory or “the Prom” as it is affectionately known to many people, is one of Victoria´s most loved and cherished natural attractions. Located at the southern most region of mainland Australia, this wildlife haven will inspire and intrigue even the most discerning traveller, with its panoramic views, pristine white beaches, coastal forests, cool climate rainforests and well preserved walking tracks.
The prom is home to many marsupials, such as kangaroos and wombats, native birds and other native animals such as emus, which with a little luck you are able to see up close. The best way to explore the Prom is on foot so you will no doubt enjoy our stroll along some spectacular tracks and be entertained by the pure white quartz ‘singing sands´ at Squeaky Beach.
On day one of this tour you'll be guided around the national park before being dropped at your accommodation. You then have two full days of exploring Wilsons Prom on your own before being transferred back to Melbourne on day 3.
This tour really is the ultimate wilderness retreat!
- Join our Wilsons Prom Day Tour
- Reach the most southern region of mainland Australia
- With a bit of luck see kangaroos, wombats and emus in the wild
- Hike through spectacular tracks such as Mt Bishop, Vereker Outlook, Mount Oberon or Pillar Point (easy- medium graded walks)
- Enjoy Fern Gullies and mountain views
- Squeaky Beach - Be entertained by the pure white quartz 'singing sands'
- Drop off at Tidal River to check into your award winning Wilderness Retreat (en-suited safari style tents)
Day 2 & 3 (self guided)
- Tranquil Tidal River with Visitors Centre, General Store and takeaway food
- Armed with information and maps from the Visitors Centre you can choose from more than a dozen short walks and day walks at your own leisure
- Bush walking, sightseeing and spotting native animals
- Massive granite rocks and mountains
- Pristine swimming beaches - pack your swimmers and towel!
- Leave Tidal River and transfer back to Melbourne
- 2 nights in en-suited safari style tents
- All park entrance fees
- Return transport from Melbourne
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Appropriate shoes for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Sunscreen, water bottle and hat
- Bathers for swimming (time permitting)
- $499 pp Wilderness Retreat Double Accommodation (based on 2ppl)
- $429 pp Wilderness Retreat Triple Accommodation (based on 3ppl)
- $799 Wilderness Retreat Single
We recommend a medium level of fitness for this tour being a nature-based walking tour.
Our tour departs between 7.15am - 7.30am from Bunyip Tour Office and returns approximately 8.00pm on day 3.
We request you keep your luggage to a maximum of 5 kg