1 Day Wilsons Promontory National Park Tour
DEPARTS SUNDAYS & WEDNESDAYS
(ALSO FRIDAYS IN SUMMER)
Wilsons Promontory or “the Prom” as it is affectionately known to many people, is one of Victoria´s most loved and cherished natural attractions. Located at the southern most region of mainland Australia, this wildlife haven will inspire and intrigue even the most discerning traveller, with its panoramic views, pristine white beaches, coastal forests, cool climate rainforests and well preserved walking tracks.
The prom is home to many marsupials, such as kangaroos and wombats, native birds and other native animals such as emus, which with a little luck you are able to see up close. The best way to explore the Prom is on foot so you will no doubt enjoy our stroll along some spectacular tracks and be entertained by the pure white quartz ‘singing sands´ at Squeaky Beach.
- Bushwalking, sightseeing, birdwatching and spotting
- Squeaky Beach is one of Australia’s most famous,
as the quartz sand really does squeak as you stroll
between rolling surf and windswept vegetation.
- Giant Rock is one of the massive granite formations.
Go wildlife spotting at a deserted old airfield.
- Tidal River, learn more about this extraordinary
national park in Australia's southernmost region.
- Explore some of the excellent hiking tracks such as
Lily Pilly Gully, Mt Oberon and its spectacular view
of the Prom or Mt Bishop with its equally amazing
summit views .
- All park entrance fees
- Friendly & informative tour guide
An unbelievable natural experience – come visit
Australia´s best kept secret!
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Appropriate shoes for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Sunscreen, water bottle and hat
- Bathers for swimming (time permitting)
We recommend a medium level of fitness for this tour being a nature-based walking tour.
Our tour departs between 7.15am - 7.30am from Bunyip Tour Office and returns approximately 8.00pm