1 Day Wilsons Promontory National Park Tour
DEPARTS SUNDAYS & WEDNESDAYS
(ALSO FRIDAYS IN SUMMER)
- 3 - 4 hours for bush walking, sightseeing, bird watching and spotting native animals
- Squeaky Beach is one of Australia`s most famous, as the quartz sand really does squeak as you stroll between rolling surf and windswept vegetation
- Giant Rock is one of the massive granite formations
- Go wildlife spotting at a deserted old airfield
- Tidal River - where you can learn more about this extraordinary national park in Australia`s southernmost region
- Hike trough some spectacular tracks such as: Lilly Pilly Gully, explore healthlands, eucalyptus forest and warm temperate rainforest
- Mt Oberon Summit - this walk rewards with the most spectacular views of The Prom
- Mt Bishop - more rugged than Mt Oberon, with equally brilliant summit views
Wilsons Promontory or “the Prom” as it is affectionately known to many people, is one of Victoria´s most loved and cherished natural attractions. Located at the southern most region of mainland Australia, this wildlife haven will inspire and intrigue even the most discerning traveller, with its panoramic views, pristine white beaches, coastal forests, cool climate rainforests and well preserved walking tracks.
- All park entrance fees
- Friendly & informative tour guide
An unbelievable natural experience – come visit
Australia´s best kept secret!
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Appropriate shoes for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Sunscreen, water bottle and hat
- Bathers for swimming (time permitting)
We recommend a medium level of fitness for this tour being a nature-based walking tour.
Our tour departs between 7.15am - 7.30am from Bunyip Tour Office and returns approximately 8.00pm
The prom is home to many marsupials, such as kangaroos and wombats, native birds and other native animals such as emus, which with a little luck you are able to see up close. The best way to explore the Prom is on foot so you will no doubt enjoy our stroll along some spectacular tracks and be entertained by the pure white quartz ‘singing sands´ at Squeaky Beach.