Sovereign Hill & Daylesford Tour
Departs: Mon, Wed & Fri
(Tours commence Monday 2nd May 2016)
- Entry and mine tour Sovereign Hill
- Guided tour at Sovereign Hill with Mr Smith
- Raspberry drops
- Souvenir Gift!!
- Drink a beer or wine at the famous United States Hotel
- Friendly and informative driver/guide
- Nostalgic journey to Victoria`s goldfields and interactive visit to Sovereign Hill, Australia`s foremost outdoor museum
- Pan of gold and hopefully strike it lucky!
- Immerse yourself in the story of Mr Smith and hear his 'rags of riches' story
- Venture underground on a mine tour
- Visit the quaint village of Daylesford and browse the local art scene
- Relax and unwind at Trentham Falls, Victoria`s highest single-drop waterfall (Seasonal)
Sovereign Hill magnificently recreates Ballart`s first ten years after the discovery of gold in 1851. To understand and truly appreciate the colonial history of Melbourne, Victoria and Australia a visit here is an absolute must! Experience exciting street theatre, enjoy live goldfields music and get into the spirit by panning for gold yourself. You never know you might strike it lucky!
Laugh, cry and cheer as you hear the amazing story of Mr Smith, your personal guide. He will take you on his 'rages of riches' story back in time, from the squalid, seedy streets of London to becoming one of the goldfields most successful gentlemen. Venture deep underground on a guide mine tour and imagine what it must have been like working deep beneath the earths' surface day in and day out.
Options (must be pre-booked)
- Take a flight on the Melbourne Star Observation - Wheel on your return to Melbourne ($30)
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions
- Snacks & Water bottle
Our tour departs at 8.30 am from Bunyip Tour Office and concludes at the Bunyip Tours Office - 570 Flinders Street between 5 pm - 5.30 pm
Complete your unforgettable tour at the famous United States Hotel with a refreshing and well deserved ale or two. After a truly unique experience we continue our journey of discovery and travel to Daylesford, deep in the heart of spa country, renowned for its revitalizing springs.
Enjoy the quaint village atmosphere and main street bursting with character, browse some of the renowned art galleries and stop in for a coffee. From here it`s a short trip to Trentham Falls, Victoria`s highest single-drop waterfall formed some five million years ago. Relax and unwind as you soak in the atmosphere. (Seasonal)