2 Day Phillip Island Beach & Wildlife Escape
Day 1 (L)
- Experience the magic of Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park and see wombats, koalas, kangaroos, dingoes and much more!
- Drop off at The Island Accommodation in the early afternoon
- Afternoon to explore this magical island coastline at your leisure
- Give yourself a real beach break plan to do as much or as little as you choose
- Overnight stay in shared accommodation on the Island
Day 2 (B)
- Take a stroll along the beach prior to your early afternoon pick up
- Churchill Island - explore this historic landmark and see sheep shearing in action
- Take a stroll along the boardwalk at the Koala Conservation Centre
- Cape Woolamai surf beach, get and between your toes
- See the Nobbies & Seal Rocks
- Watch the Penguin Parade show at dusk
A trip to Phillip Island with Bunyip will be a day to remember and our Wildlife Escape is nothing short of unforgettable.
Along the way you will meet some of Australia’s favourite animals. At our first stop, Moonlit Sanctuary, you can cuddle a koala (fee applicable) and hand feed kangaroos and wallabies. Enjoy lunch overlooking a billabong teeming with waterbirds before we make tracks to Phillip Island. You will be dropped off at the Island Accommodation early afternoon and can explore the magical island coastline on your own at your leisure. Next day we will come and pick you up early afternoon.
First stop on day 2 is historic Churchill Island.
Down at Churchill Island take time to wander about the gardens surrounding the historic Amess House. Learn about the significance of this small island in the history of Victoria. Head over to the farm yards where you’ll get to see stockwhip cracking, sheep shearing and working dogs in action. From here we’ll take you to the Koala Conservation Centre where you’ll get up close to koalas in their natural environment.
Next we head over to the home of the Little Penguins, Summerland Peninsula, but before we meet the stars of the show we’ll take a break at the Nobbies Centre.
Last but certainly not least is the world famous Penguin Parade. Here you’ll see hundreds of Little Penguins come ashore just after sunset, make their way across the beach and up into the sand dunes to their burrows. A natural wonder, this is something you will never forget.
- Meals as indicated (Please advise dietary requirements at time of booking)
- Shared Accommodation & linen (bring own toiletries & towel)
- All park entrance fees incl. 3 PARKS PASS
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- Shared accommodation $199 pp
- Studio with en suite $279 pp (based on 2 ppl)
The double upgrades are per person and based on 2 people per room in budget accommodation with shared bathrooms. Bed-linen is supplied, towels and toiletries are not included. Upgrades are subject to availability at time of booking.
- We request you keep your luggage to a maximum of 5 kg in a backpack or soft overnight bag. No large suitcases or backpacks are permitted.
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Good shoes / boots for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Sunscreen, hat, water bottle
- Bathers for swimming (time permitted)
- Bring own toiletries & towel
Please note this is a combination of guided and self-guided touring allowing you the freedom to explore Phillip Island at your own leisure (note:check out from Island Accommodation is by 10 am - however they are more than happy to store your belongings & use the facilities, whilst you take the time to look around)
Our tour departs seasonally between 10am - 11am (daylight savings) from Bunyip Tour Office and returns seasonally between approximately 9.30pm & midnight (daylight savings) on the following day.