2 Day Phillip Island Discovery Escape
A trip to Phillip Island with Bunyip will be a day to remember and our Wildlife Escape is nothing short of unforgettable.
Along the way you will meet some of Australia’s favourite animals. At our first stop, Moonlit Sanctuary, you can cuddle a koala (fee applicable) and hand feed kangaroos and wallabies. Enjoy lunch overlooking a billabong teeming with waterbirds before we make tracks to Phillip Island. You will be dropped off at the Island Accommodation early afternoon and can explore the magical island coastline on your own at your leisure. Next day we will come and pick you up early afternoon.
First stop on day 2 is historic Churchill Island.
Down at Churchill Island take time to wander about the gardens surrounding the historic Amess House. Learn about the significance of this small island in the history of Victoria. Head over to the farm yards where you’ll get to see stockwhip cracking, sheep shearing and working dogs in action. From here we’ll take you to the Koala Conservation Centre where you’ll get up close to koalas in their natural environment.
Next we head over to the home of the Little Penguins, Summerland Peninsula, but before we meet the stars of the show we’ll take a break at the Nobbies Centre.
Last but certainly not least is the world famous Penguin Parade. Here you’ll see hundreds of Little Penguins come ashore just after sunset, make their way across the beach and up into the sand dunes to their burrows. A natural wonder, this is something you will never forget.
- Depart Melbourne early afternoon
- Experience the magic of Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park & see wombats, koalas, kangaroos, dingoes & much more!
- Give yourself a real beach break, plan to do as much or as little as you choose!
- Drop off for overnight stay at luxury apartments in the town of Cowes
Day 2 (B)
- Explore this magical island at your own leisure Afternoon pickup out front of accommodation
- Take a stroll along the Nobbies boardwalk & see the Seal Rocks
- Watch the Penguin Parade show at dusk in the best way possible - at Penguins Plus viewing upgrade
- Meals as indicated (Please advise dietary requirements at time of booking)
- Shared Accommodation & linen (bring own toiletries & towel)
- All park entrance fees incl. 3 PARKS PASS
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- $349 pp Luxury Apartment Double Accommodation (based on 2ppl)
- $299 pp Luxury Apartment Triple/Quad accommodation (based on 3 or 4ppl)
- $459 pp Luxury Apartment Single Accommodation
- We request you keep your luggage to a maximum of 5 kg in a backpack or soft overnight bag. No large suitcases or backpacks are permitted.
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Good shoes / boots for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Sunscreen, hat, water bottle
- Bathers for swimming (time permitted)
- Bring own toiletries & towel
Please note this is a combination of guided and self-guided touring allowing you the freedom to explore Phillip Island at your own leisure (note:check out from Island Accommodation is by 10 am - however they are more than happy to store your belongings & use the facilities, whilst you take the time to look around)
Our tour departs seasonally between 10am - 11am (daylight savings) from Bunyip Tour Office and returns seasonally between approximately 9.30pm & midnight (daylight savings) the following day.