Penguin Parade Afternoon Wildlife Tour
DEPARTS EARLY AFTERNOON:
daily except Sundays dec - feb
tuesday, thursday & saturdays mar - nov
- Encounter Australian wildlife at Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park. Hand-feed wallabies (fee applies) and watch for joeys.
- Cape Woolamai surf beach, get sand between your toes (Seasonal)
- The Nobbies boardwalk and the best views of Phillip Island`s rugged south coast. Upgrade to the NEW Antarctic Journey!
- Watch the world famous Penguin Parade as hundreds of little penguins come out of the sea at dusk & head back to their burrows for the night
- All park entrance fees
- Friendly & informative tour guide
Planning a late night out or a lazy morning in Melbourne, but still want to fit in a trip to Phillip Island to see the penguins? Well Bunyip has the tour for you.
No early morning hotel pick-up – check. Get the morning to yourself – check. Loads of Australian wildlife – check. Hundreds of cute little penguins waddling up the beach – check. Bunyip’s Penguin Parade Afternoon Wildlife Tour – big check!
We’ll pick you up at a respectable hour and first of all take you down to Moonlit Sanctuary on the Mornington Peninsula. Here you will meet some of Australia’s most iconic wildlife including kangaroos, koalas and wallabies. You’ll also see loads of birdlife, Tassie Devils, wombats, emus, dingoes and more. Then it is off to Phillip Island.
Next it is off to Seal Rocks and the Nobbies Centre to take a walk along the boardwalk and soak in the stunning views back towards the Mornington Peninsula from Phillip Island’s most western point. Here you can also get a sneak peek of the main event, the Little Penguins, while they hide under the boardwalks and poke their heads out of the burrows waiting for the sunset when their mates return from the ocean.
Just before sunset we head over to the Penguin Parade to take our spots at Penguin Stadium, ready to see the hundreds of Little Penguins as they make their way across the beach and return to their burrows in the sand dunes. See them reunited with their partners, where they give each other a little kiss, do a dance, then waddle up and into their burrows. An unforgettable afternoon – check.
OPTIONS (MUST BE PRE-BOOKED)
Make your afternoon Phillip Island tour EPIC!
- NEW! Antarctic Journey at the Nobbies (AJ) experience the wold`s most extreme continent with this virtual interactive journey including creatures of the deep, icebergs, penguins & more ($18)
- Penguin Plus (PP) Exclusive viewing area and private boardwalk ($25)
- Penguins Plus Underground (UP) enjoy up-close viewing of the Little penguins in an underground viewing window - Limited to 70 ($35)
- VIP Tour (VP) Elevated indoor viewing box with drinks and canapés and access to Penguins Plus ($45)
- Guided Ranger Tour (GR) Front row viewing on the sand (general viewing area) & access to Penguins Plus with a small group & ranger guide ($55)
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Appropriate clothing for warm/cool conditions and camera (please note photography is not permitted at the penguin parade)
Our tour departs seasonally between 1pm - 2pm (daylight savings) from Bunyip Tour Office and returns seasonally between approximately 9.30pm & midnight (daylight savings)
Please note that we may use a larger coach during peak times in December and January and that our tours & all attractions may be very busy during this time. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.