Some of Australia’s finest wines come from the Mornington Peninsula, a cool maritime region which produces wines of great elegance and finesse. More than 50 cellar doors feature the Chardonnay and Pinot Noir for which this region has become world famous, along with other outstanding varietals including Shiraz, Pinot Gris, Pinot Grigio and Riesling.
The whole region is steeped in a passionate culture of food and wine, with award-winning restaurants featuring local produce on their menus, great cafes, farm gates, gourmet producers, fine food stores and local produce markets.
Our full day winery tour includes stops at members of the Wine Food Farmgate trail. We know these members very well, so you’ll be assured of a warm welcome as you sample some of the Peninsula’s top wines, as well as the spectacular coastal and country scenery.
$295 INCLUDES LUNCH(minimum number of Six people to run)
Departs: MON, thurs & Sat
- Millionaire’s Walk: Portsea and Sorrento boast some of Australia’s most expensive cliff-top mansions. It’s the favourite summer holiday playground for the very rich and famous, and this walk gives you a peek at their estates and sumptuous lifestyles. There are extraordinary views across Port Phillip Bay to the Bellarine Peninsula from this trail.
- Montalto Vineyard and Olive Grove: One of the most impressive vineyard estates on the Mornington Peninsula. Inspired by estates in the South of France, it features a Chef’s Hat restaurant, a cellar door, olive groves and an impressive outdoor sculpture collection. You can sample some very fine wines, and take a stroll through the gardens.
- Green Olive at Red Hill: If you wanted to retire to your own small farm with sheep, hens and ducks, a vineyard, olive grove and vegetable garden, this would be it. The heart of this beautiful hillside property is the café-cum-produce store which sells a wide range of tapas dishes made from farm produce, wine from the vineyard and gourmet goodies, and also conducts cooking classes. This is our lunch spot, and there will be time to wander this 11 hectare (27 acre) property.
- Mornington Peninsula Chocolates: The sweetest way to end your day tour. This simply gorgeous shop in seaside Flinders uses traditional French, Belgian and Swiss techniques to create the most exquisite hand-made chocolates, truffles and novelties.
- T’Gallant Estate: Located on a former apple orchard set in rolling hills, T’Gallant has a decidedly rustic Italian air. There’s a large outdoor piazza overlooking the vineyard. Widely acknowledged as the home of Australian Pinot Grigio, T’Gallant is certainly the best place to sample different vintages and styles of this classic Italian grape variety.
- Wine tasting & Lunch
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- Luxury vehicle
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Appropriate clothing for warm & cool conditions
- Sunscreen, water bottle & hat
Our tour departs between 7.15am - 7.30am from Bunyip Tours Office in Melbourne's cbd and returns approximately 6.00pm